fc4test1 - yum update - yum broke?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 02:57:17 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:46:46 -0500, Jim Cornette
<fct-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:
> There is nothing special about getting the breakage. There was
> discussion on the development list regarding the sqlite and the
> python-sqlite packages. I believe earlier discussions regarded the
> packages were simply renamed. Other indications point to whe the rpms
> were recompiled, there was a particular library that is now not working
> with yum.
> This might be a gcc4 compiler problem. I just know that it is still
> broken for rawhide also.

No this has nothing to do with gcc4 or renaming.  Some sqlite syntax
handling for sql queries has changed between sqlite 3.0.x and sqlite
3.1.x. Yum upstream is being corrected to use sql query syntax that is
compatible with both 3.0.x and 3.1.x.

-jef