Xen [fc4] question

Tony Jones tony at immunix.com
Wed Mar 2 06:04:38 UTC 2005

I upgraded my system from FC3 to the -devel branch.

Have the following Xen rpms installed:
	kernel-xen0-2.6.10-1.1155_FC4
	kernel-xenU-2.6.10-1.1155_FC4
	xen-2-20050222

I can boot the main (domain-0) kernel. All seems well.

When I try to start domain-1 (which has it's own root and swap partitions)
it starts up and then just reboots. The last few lines of dmesg are:

Initializing IPsec netlink socket
NET: Registered protocol family 1
NET: Registered protocol family 17
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
Freeing unused kernel memory: 128k freed
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
SELinux:  Disabled at runtime.
SELinux:  Unregistering netfilter hooks
Restarting system.

xm list (from another window) shows that the domain is shutting down:
	node-dom1         4       64    0  ---s-      1.6    9604

Anyone have any clues or should I ask on a more Xen specific list?

Thanks

Tony

-- config file
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.10-1.1155_FC4xenU"
memory = 64
name = "node-dom1"
# hda2 is /   hda6 is swap
disk = [ 'phy:hda2,hda2,w' , 'phy:hda6,hda6,w' ]
root = "/dev/hda2 ro"
extra = "s"
restart = 'never'
#everything else is the default