Wireless in FC4

Sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 8 01:27:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, March 7, 2005 12:49 pm, Kyrre Ness Sjobak said:

> Of course we won't do that. But please, if Linux is going to become easy
> to use and deploy, please don't act as fanatics. It isn't going to get
> us anywhere, except looking like idiots.

Linux is becoming easier to use every day.   It's not acting like a
fanatic to stick to some guiding principles.  If Fedora only works with
hardware supported by open source as a consequence of these principles,
it's a reasonable tradeoff.  Lets not worry too much about the people that
judge anyone with a different view than themselves, an idiot.  There are
some very good reasons for the principles adopted by Fedora.   For those
that don't understand them or are offended by the resulting constraints,
there are many other options available to them within the Linux landscape.
 Fedora is available for those that get it.

Cheers,
Sean