aRTs Engine dying after KDE 3.4rc1 update

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 8 21:26:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 23:01 +0200, Botoaca Andrei wrote:
> I had this problem since KDE3.4 was out. Every tool based on the so called
> "aRTs engine" like Juk and amaroK die on start, leaving a blody trail of "no
> debug info found" in the crash manager of KDE.
> Anybody any ideea why this crash occurs, and if so, does anyone know also a
> remedy for it ?

Perhaps if you install the arts-debuginfo package it will find some
debugging symbols, which might make it easier to figure out what's going
on? It might at least make the stack trace (which I think is what you're
seeing in the crash manager, at least that's what shows up in Gnome's
bug-buddy and it seems to be the sane thing to show) more useful to the
developers.

Cheers,
Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University