Latest update causes system to crawl

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Mar 11 04:10:13 UTC 2005

Frank Jacobberger wrote:
> I can’t get my system to move faster than a dead snail after the latest
> dev updates of the 10^th of March?
>

> Which package is the culprit?
>

> RaXeT

I've had problems with prelink causing a really slow system. I ran
prelink -uav
and the system sped up somewhat.

In general, I was running at a snails pace, but am slowly seeing system
responsiveness increase to an acceptable level.

Your milage may vary. I am also only running SELinux in permissive mode
until things settle down with updates. SELinux is a welcome addition,
but I recall rpm completing during FC2 tests, but packages were never
actually installed. I don't know if this could still happen.

Jim