BitTorrent bug while trying to download FC4t1

Old Fart clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Wed Mar 16 00:44:51 UTC 2005

Mike Chambers wrote:
> [root at scrappy bin]# btdownloadcurses.py --max_upload_rate 350 --url
> http://torrent.linux.duke.edu/FC4-test1-binary-i386.torrent
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/btdownloadcurses.py", line 25, in ?
>     from BitTorrent.download import Feedback, Multitorrent
> ImportError: No module named BitTorrent.download
>
> I pretty much get the same "No module named BitTorrent.whatever" no
> matter which bt command I run.
>
> [root at scrappy programs]# rpm -q BitTorrent
> BitTorrent-4.0.0-1

see if this helps...from early FC3 days...modify for your situation...

Satish Balay wrote:

 > What's the problem? (not that I've run BT on x86_64 - but I'm thinking
 > it shouldn't be any different)

Well, a problem I've had was a simple issue of the path.

$ rpm -q python
python-2.3.3-6
$ rpm -ql bittorrent | grep site-packages | head -1
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/BitTorrent

The solution was simply
export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages

and then go run bittorrent as below.

http://torrent.linux.duke.edu/heidelberg-binary-i386.torrent

--
Regards from,