fc4test1 - yum update - yum broke?

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Mar 16 03:44:27 UTC 2005

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:46:46 -0500, Jim Cornette
> <fct-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>There is nothing special about getting the breakage. There was
>>discussion on the development list regarding the sqlite and the
>>python-sqlite packages. I believe earlier discussions regarded the
>>packages were simply renamed. Other indications point to whe the rpms
>>were recompiled, there was a particular library that is now not working
>>with yum.
>>This might be a gcc4 compiler problem. I just know that it is still
>>broken for rawhide also.
>

> No this has nothing to do with gcc4 or renaming.  Some sqlite syntax
> handling for sql queries has changed between sqlite 3.0.x and sqlite
> 3.1.x. Yum upstream is being corrected to use sql query syntax that is
> compatible with both 3.0.x and 3.1.x.
>
> -jef

Thanks for clarifying where the problems is and what corrective measures
are being performed to correct the problem. I have a mess of a
development installation here and will avoid upgrading sqlite when I
clean install the system.

Jim

--
I'd love to help you -- it's just that the Boss won't let me near the
computer.