Anyway to update the kernel image used by Anaconda?

Joe Sanders kernel528 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 04:02:34 UTC 2005

Hi,  I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this or not...my
apologies if not...

I have a sager9860 laptop which indicates it uses a Promise TX2plus
controller...I was hoping that the FC4T1 would be able to "see" the
PATA disk I have installed (gentoo and yoper-2.2 can) however, it
fails (just like FC3 does) when it comes to the point of partitioning
the disks as it fails to detect any...it loads the sata_promise kernel
module, however, in the gentoo & yoper installation kernels an updated
libata patch is applied to the mainline 2.6.10 kernel which adds the
ability for the kernel to work with this controller (the kernel option
is: CONFIG_SCSI_PATA_PDC2027X).

anyway I'm wondering if there is a way to update the kernel image that
is used by anaconda to use a customized kernel with the above patch
applied so that I can complete the FC4T1 installation...I've been
running with a custom 2.6.11 kernel on a yoper-2.2 devel release for
the past month, but am itching to get FC running on this system as FC
is my linux distro of choice...any thoughts/suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

jps