FC4t1 notes

Aaron Kurtz a.kurtz at hardsun.net
Wed Mar 16 12:26:40 UTC 2005

Some notes on my installation of the new test. Some will be useful for
others, and some are just for my setup. This is just i386.

1) Mediacheck doesn't seem to work. At least I haven't seen anyone who
can get a PASS for the DVD or CD isos. I've booted directly from a
checked iso and still FAILed.
2) The sata_sil driver has taken a step back - it worked with complaints
in FC3, and now just hangs, instead of hanging unless irqpoll is used.
I'm trying to use a hard drive with NCQ which has been blamed for
problems in the past.
3) Firstboot doesn't work on first boot. This is fixed in rawhide,
although I lost track of which package in particular fixes it. It's not
firstboot though.
4) The packaged GDM eats CPU. "yum update gdm" before logging in through
GDM or regret it.
5) system-config-* will not work until you install
gnome-python2-gnomevfs and its requirements.
6) upgrading RPM in rawhide will break yum. extract libsqlite3.so.0.8.6
from the sqlite3-3.0.8-3.i386.rpm packaged in the release and put it in
the /usr/lib to get yum back in shape.

Hope someone finds this useful.
--
Aaron Kurtz <a.kurtz at hardsun.net>       GPG Key ID: ED588CF2