Bad iso image

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 16 22:03:25 UTC 2005

John Pearson wrote:

>I have downloaded the dvd iso image for Fedora Core 4, test 1, etc.  The
>sha1sum hash on the completed torrent matches the published spec.  The copy
>of the same images hashes clean on the machine that I am using to burn the
>image. [using Nero 5.5 under windows XP.  All that is available here and
>now.]  I have made 3 dvd copies using different batches of blanks.  None of
>them passes the test.  None of them produces a working machine.  Although I
>am able to install both FC2 and FC3 on the machine in question.  Is there
>something else that I can do or need to try?
>
>-jpearson

You may be victim of several bugs.  The DVDs are probably OK.  The media
test is not working.  Also, if you log into the gui without first
logging into a text terminal (CTRL-ALT-F1 for example) as root and running
yum update gdm
you will not get a useable screen.  You must also manually add a normal
user as root - the firstboot program is also hosed.

Hope this helps.  Try again with one of your DVDs.

Gerry