fc4t1 nfs install finds no install tree

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Thu Mar 17 01:53:47 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 18:14 -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Well, now that we know why an NFS install, via ISO, won't work, do we
> have a work around it as of yet (as in new ISO's) or something?

In my case, I mounted the disc1 iso with

mount -o loop -t iso9660 /path/2/FC4-test1-i386-disc1.iso /home/cwt/fc4

then ran the nfs install with custom>minimal.

After that,

yum --exclude=gnome-applets --exclude=gnome-pilot groupinstall "GNOME
Desktop Environment"

[yum is much faster on successive runs, bravo]

Then, for some reason, I had to start the font server[?]

service xfs start

[also manually added user per some other posts
useradd cwt
passwd cwt
]

then a login via cwt and startx works, yet to install anything else to
play with :)

>  I know
> this is the first test, but if you can't even do an ISO install, or have
> to do that much more work to use an exploded tree,

was easy, but not sure how to explode all four iso's into an nfs
share...?

> Guess I could try an FTP or HTTP install if I can still use the ISO's

Didn't try, but would suspect these fail for same failed loopback as the
iso nfs install, but really no idea.

--
Craig Thomas <cjtinhp at optonline.net>