Unable to logon

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Thu Mar 17 02:41:23 UTC 2005

Hello,

     I have just installed the Fedora Core 4 Test 1 version and I am not
able to log on.  After everything seems to install, I am brought to the
logon screen but after I try to log on, I only see the blue screen
without anything loading up.  During installation and just before
logging on, you are generally given the option to set the screen
resolution, provide a username, etc.  I didn't even get the opportunity
to do this.  The one time the computer did load up, it took about four
minutes to load to the desktop and I had to create a regular user
account through the root account.   I did a clean install on two
different computers (a Dell Dimension xps t600r and a Dell Inspiron 4000
laptop) and I have the same problem.  How do I correct this?  Has anyone
else had this problem?  Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff