fc4t1 nfs install finds no install tree

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Thu Mar 17 08:35:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 20:53 -0500, Craig Thomas wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 18:14 -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > Well, now that we know why an NFS install, via ISO, won't work, do we
> > have a work around it as of yet (as in new ISO's) or something?
>
> In my case, I mounted the disc1 iso with
>
> mount -o loop -t iso9660 /path/2/FC4-test1-i386-disc1.iso /home/cwt/fc4
>
> then ran the nfs install with custom>minimal.

Ok, you got me scratching my head.  When did you do the manual mount?
After trying to boot up with the cd and doing the install (linux
askmethod) up to the mounting part? (if you mount it to a /home dir,
does that mean /home can't be reformatted on the machine your doing the
install on?)

Could you detail the steps you took to get the install going?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's always better to hurt a little now, than to hurt a lot later!"