/dev/cpu/microcode still not happy

Joel Rittvo joelonlinux at optonline.net
Thu Mar 17 20:34:31 UTC 2005

I am running current rawhide (except with the last FC3 kernel
2.6-10-1.770_FC3), from daily updates, not a full clean install.  I have
been getting a boot-up message about /dev/cpu/microcode not being able
to be made for a long time now.  Today there was an update to MAKEDEV
that relates to this.  I installed it, but I'm still getting the error
message.  I also made a fresh initrd file today, just in case that was
related.

I am guessing that I need to "run something" to initialize the change in
the new MAKEDEV.  I ran udevstart, but that didn't solve the problem.  I
tried to run /sbin/MAKEDEV /etc/makedev.d/linux-2.6.x and it only tells
me: don't know how to make device "/etc/makedev.d/linux-2.6.x".

So, anyone know the trick I seem to be missing????  TIA.

Joel Rittvo
Hoboken, NJ