fc4t1 nfs install finds no install tree

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Fri Mar 18 00:35:26 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 06:59 -0500, Craig Thomas wrote:

> sorry to not be more clear, It is an additional step in setting up the
> nfs share. I did the manual mount of the iso on the nfs server [to
> explode the iso into files/directories] prior to starting the install.
> During the install nothing is done differently.
>
> On the nfs sever:
> 1 $mkdir /path/2/fc4
> 2 $mount -o loop -t iso9660 /path/2/FC4-test1-i386-disc1.iso /path/2/fc4
>
> 3 export /path/2/fc4 as nfs share
> [/path/2/fc4        192.168.1.*(ro,sync)]
> service nfs restart
>
> On the install target
> 4 linux askmethod at promopt
>
> 5 continue with nfs minimal install as normal.

Ok, another stupid question.

1 - If I understood you correctly, you mounted the first ISO, used the
files in it to do a minimal install via NFS but to the files instead of
the ISO?

2 - Depending on answer to first question, what if I wanted a more than
minimal install, don't I have to do all 4 iso's like that so they
include all the files and are in the same dir?  Or do I have to do it
differently to get them all in the same dir and have proper structure
lay out?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's always better to hurt a little now, than to hurt a lot later!"