fc4t1 nfs install finds no install tree

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Fri Mar 18 01:17:19 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 01:58 +0100, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:

> <snip fc3-release>
>  If you are setting up an installation tree for NFS, FTP, or HTTP
>    installations, you need to copy the RELEASE-NOTES files and all files
> from
>    the Fedora directory on discs 1-3. On Linux and Unix systems, the
>    following process will properly configure the /target/directory on your
>    server (repeat for each disc):
>
>     1. Insert disc
>
>     2. mount /mnt/cdrom
>
>     3. cp -a /mnt/cdrom/Fedora /target/directory
>
>     4. cp /mnt/cdrom/RELEASE-NOTES* /target/directory (Do this only for disc
>        1)
>
>     5. umount /mnt/cdrom

I will read through the docs and see what I can find out, but I am doing
this from the ISO's, not cd's (so this is somewhat diff?).  I would
rather not waste creating cd's if I can install from the ISO or create
the files from the ISO's.

> >2 - Depending on answer to first question, what if I wanted a more than
> >minimal install, don't I have to do all 4 iso's like that so they
> >include all the files and are in the same dir?  Or do I have to do it
> >differently to get them all in the same dir and have proper structure
> >lay out?
> >

> you can do what you want:
> rescue, minimal, server, workstation, custom, expert,  ...

Yes, I knew that, thanks.  But he was only mounting the one ISO and at
first, and I wasn't sure if he was just using it to get started then
using the rest of the ISO's as themselves, or if you had to unpack them
or whatever so *all* files were there and doing the install that way.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's always better to hurt a little now, than to hurt a lot later!"