slower?

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Fri Mar 18 13:38:22 UTC 2005

> El jue, 17-03-2005 a las 18:58 +0200, Marius Andreiana escribió:
>> On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 12:44 -0400, Patricio Bruna V wrote:
>> > maybe im the only one, but i notice that Fedora now runs really slow.
>> > --
>> > Patricio Bruna
>> > Red Hat Certified Engineer
>> With this one-line no-explanations post I thought you are a newbie, I
>> was surprised to see RHCE title (I'm not considering myself ready yet
>> for the exam)
>>
> Well, i think the one line its very clear.
> if im the only one, its a problem with my system if not, i should look
> what its causing it.
> as you can see with that line i got a tip about gdm.
>
> About the RHCE exam, dont worry, it so easy, that im not proud of have
> passed it with 100% puntuation :)

so, about speed, i can say:

- booting seems quicker, with the same amount of services?
- building up the desktop after successful login takes longer - perhaps of gdm (which did not work fine initially,
just after a first update)
- afterwards, it seems, that apps as openoffice etc start quicker than before.

Roger