FC4t1 and up2date

Gene C. czar at czarc.net
Fri Mar 18 23:04:48 UTC 2005

For those who would like to use up2date --

The currently is a bug in up2date (already reported at least once in bugzilla)
which does not allow selection or moving to the next step (downloading and
then install) UNLESS there is an exception package to select.

So, until up2date is fixed, you can use it by adding a packages (that needs
updating anyway) to the Package Exceptions and then select it when you run
up2date.

I wish I understood yum better and it could probably do the just just fine but
with the current conflicts in development, there is no easy way to select
packages.  (OK Seth, tel me how to do it).
--
Gene