Disc 3 "not correct" disc

Patrick patrickm at myway.com
Sat Mar 19 12:44:27 UTC 2005

Note: this reply may appear double, but somehow, during the reply, the subject line got corrupt...

Yes, I'm a RHCT.

My NFS server at home isn't going to be of any use if the network card of my laptop isn't recognised by FC4T1, is it?

Therefor I dropped all iso files (4x cdrom, 1x dvd) on the laptop (before I wiped FC3 off it) through my network. And I tried to install it through the boot.iso cd (local harddisk) but wasn't succesfull because I kept getting the "there aren't image files on /dev/hdaX"-message (I also tried to "unpack" the dvd into a directory and point the installer to it).

So, last thing I tried was to burn the cdrom iso files onto cdrom and install from that. And then I got the message that my 3rd disc wasn't a FC4T1 disc....

In other words, I was just pondering that it wasn't going to be an easy install.

Patrick (RHCT)