FC4t1 and abiword

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 18:32:20 UTC 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:21:35 -0700, Michal Jaegermann
<michal at harddata.com> wrote:
> I am not sure if I understand.  I thought that here we were talking
> about packages which were not in fc3's extras but were recently
> dropped from rawhide with an understanding that they are
> (basically?)

There are 2 groups of packages in the extras development tree.
There are packages that are freshly built and there are packages that
were imported from the fc3 extras tree and not been rebuilt yet. This
thread had mentioned both to some extent.
abiword would be a fresh build and the python packages that still
require python2.3 are examples things pulled in from fc3 extras
without a rebuild.. both have been mentioned in this thread so far.

Anyone who is an avid rawhide user should be quite familiar with this
sort of situation.  The development tree saw the same sort of python
problem with some python packages when python2.4 was introduced.  As
you come across packaging problems in the extras development tree,
file them in bugzilla and packages will get rebuilt  I'm pretty sure
at some point a large scale rebuild of this tree will happen before
fc4 release, but in the meantime this approach is the quickest way to
get packages out to testers.

-jef"i personally like to think of this tree as 'extraraw' and it
lusts for the sweet taste of human baby flesh with a desire as pure as
my own insatiable urge for krispy kreme doughnuts"spaleta