FC4t1 and abiword

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Sun Mar 20 08:14:47 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 06:47 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 19:14 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> > For i386 and x86_64:
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/
> >
> > click on your arch.
>
> As you implied, my arch isn't there.
>
> Is there any word yet on when the Extras build system will be set up?
> You do sterling service as a manual build system, but it's not really a
> long-term solution :)

right now what we've got is a mach modification that supports yum and
comps-style groups. Paul Nasrat has tested mach on ppc and everything
appears to be normal. There are some odd things here and there but
nothing crazy. As I explained on the buildsys-list - we need to get the
automation glue in place to call mach for building the packages. I asked
for requirements and what the red hat coloc infrastructure looks like
earlier this week but I've not gotten much in the way of a response.
It's kinda hard to work on scripts for the build system when you have no
idea what the shape of things are on the build machines :)

Quite frankly, I need more input to move ahead, especially considering
I've got no access to those systems :)

Now, wrt ppc/ppc64 - last I heard Karen had a ppc machine lined up for
red hat's use - Talk to gdk about what its status is - he has it on his
todo list to ping karen.

-sv