Unsigned Package

Sean Earp seanfedora at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 18:11:33 UTC 2005

Hello All-

I just upgraded FC3 to FC4test1, and am running into the problem that I
can not log into Gnome, because it ratchets the CPU up to 100%, and
never makes it to the desktop.  I have switched over the the console to
do a "yum update", since I understand this problem has been fixed with
some of the updated rawhide packages.

yum update, however gets as far as downloading all of the updated
packages, but when going to install them, fails on every single package
with the error message:

"unsigned package whatever-X.Y.Z.i386.rpm"

I did install the FC4 GPG keys via   rpm --import
/usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3.90/RPM-GPG-KEY*

Is there a Yum command line switch similar to RPM's --nosignature
option, or am I missing something blindingly obvious?

Any information  would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Sean