missing files

Aaron Kurtz a.kurtz at hardsun.net
Mon Mar 21 17:30:37 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 12:01 -0500, glenn wrote:
> The following files are missing in the repos.
>   libwnck-1.so.4
>   openoffice.org-core = 1:1.9.83-1
>   libpisock.so.8
>

> Because these items are not found, up2date and yum have 65 pkgs waiting
> for update.
>
> Is anyone else missing these items?  This would seem to be a simple
> matter to resolve compared to some of the issues.  The missing must
> exist somewhere, else the rpms presumably wouldn't know of their existence.

At times the rawhide repos are going to be incomplete and refuse to
completely update. The missing do not necessarily have to be around, as
they can be mentioned in other packages. For example, a library used by
gnomemeeting was updated before the gnomemeeting RPM was updated and so
yum refused to completely update, since it would break gnomemeeting. For
both yum and up2date-nox use --exclude=PACKAGE to get around this.

That said, I'm not seeing this. You might be using an old and incomplete
mirror.

--
Aaron Kurtz <a.kurtz at hardsun.net>       GPG Key ID: ED588CF2