How an amateur figured it out

Truls Gulbrandsen trulsg at broadpark.no
Tue Mar 22 00:30:36 UTC 2005

Hi there,
I was determind to test FC4t1 so I downloaded and burned the DVD ISO.  I
  loaded the DVD and failed the media check.  However, I suspected this
from reading some of the mails here.  I installed, it went ok. Entered
terminal, <alt-ctrl-f1> and tried the "yum update dgm".  It didn't work,
then I found another mail suggesting "yum update gdm wfm." which did the
trick.
Now I was able to log in as root and creat a user id.  Then I tried
several times to run "yum update" with variable success untill I figured
out that I could edit yum.conf and set "gpgcheck=0".
Suddenly I had more than 600 updates to my system and things work almost
as with my FC3 installation.  And a lot faster than before this big update.
I installed the FC4t1 on an IBM TP T30 with a 12 GB HD.

Thanks to all of you knowledable people posting solutions.

Regards,
Truls