FC4-T1 PPC xorg.conf on Powerbook 15"

Mike A. Harris mharris at www.linux.org.uk
Tue Mar 22 13:52:51 UTC 2005

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Drew Bertola writes:
>
>> I borrowed the xorg.conf file from Ubuntu's latest live cd, and that
>> worked very well.  The file is attached.
>

> To make sure that the right people see this, you need to stuff this into
> Bugzilla.

And in general, to maximize the number of X developers who see a given
bug, it is best to file all X bugs in X.Org's bugzilla located at:

http://bugs.freedesktop.org in the "xorg" component.

This is particularly important for non-x86 architectures.  There are
lots of PPC developers working on X.Org outside of Red Hat for example,
who have ready access to tonnes of PPC hardware.  By reporting issues
upstream, it significantly increases the likelyhood of one of them
fixing the issue and providing a patch, which frequently occurs
very quickly in some cases.

Ben Herrendshmidt, Michal Daenzer, Adam Jackson, and a variety of others
hack on X.Org/PPC daily, and they're all often on #freedesktop and/or
#xorg-devel on irc.freenode.net as well, which can also assist in
troubleshooting a given issue and finding a speedier resolution.