fixing yum

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Mar 22 14:55:25 UTC 2005

Old Fart wrote:
| Claude Jones wrote:
|| Old Fart wrote:
||| Would you be referring to fedora-devel.repo in
||| /etc/yum.repos.d and adding the following line?
||| gpgcheck=0?
|| I turned that off in yum.conf to enable the update of yum.
|| Does turning that switch off permanently in the repos file
|| open any other cans of worms?
| Not that I know of.  What kind of errors are you seeing?  Any
| error messages?

If I do yum -y update, after some time, it runs a list of packages
to be updated, followed by a series of messages:
 ---> Processing Dependency: [name of package]
Followed by:
Error: Missing Dependency: [name of package}

There are about fifteen of those. Then I just revert to the
prompt.

Regards,
Claude (I bet I'm older than you...) Jones
Levit & James, Inc./WTVS
Leesburg, VA, USA