FC3 Apache problem

Avinash Sridhar avinash.sridhar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:38:35 UTC 2005

hi,
I insatlled httpd using yum earlier this month and went about the
process of setting up a web server on my local machine. All went
well,except that I wanted to change the DocumentRoot directory to an
external usb drive. After googling a lot i found out that it was a bug
issue with selinux having a policy for httpd, so the bug fix was given
as

chcon -R system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t /my/new/docroot
or
setsebool -P httpd_disable_trans=1

I did this and it worked like a charm and I had no problems what so
ever. Now however I had to repartition my external disk but the data
on it was all backup and i restored the drive as usual.Around the same
time I had kept my fedora up to date using up2date. Now however when i
follow all the same procedures before I am not able to set up my
site..the error in the error_log file in /etc/httpd/error_log says
"[Tue Mar 22 13:11:24 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Symbolic link
not allowed: /var/www"

my /var/www is a symbolic link to the external path. I have
FollowSymLinks in the Options for both Directories "/ and
/var/www/html"

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong..has something changed with
selinux-policy-targeted that I am overlooking ??

Thanks in advance