Upgrade FC3 -> FC4test1 -- kernel/nash problem

Fridrich Strba strba5 at hei.unige.ch
Tue Mar 22 20:17:04 UTC 2005

Hello, I have upgraded by yum and a bit also manually two machines from
FC3 to FC4test1. One of the machines works without problems at all, the
other works with FC3 kernel, but not with the kernels of rawhide.

I realized, when I launch the kernels, that the machine that works well
says "Starting Red Hat nash 4.2.4", the other says that the version is
some "4.1.X". Both machines have installed the latest mkinitrd that
contains /sbin/nash and if launched by "/sbin/nash", it reports the same
version for both machines.

Does anybody have any idea where could be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Fridrich