missing files

Tom linxt at comcast.net
Wed Mar 23 07:57:53 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 04:19, Roger Grosswiler wrote:

> as i wrote before, for fc4t1 just use the development-repository. it is
> shipped with and enabled as the only repo in /etc/yum.repos.d/
>
> all the mirrors contain the same packages, at the moment the
> development-repo contains the whole bunch of fc4. if you want to install
> some more software you don't find in there, search in the extras. create in
> /etc/yum.repos.d/something like extras.repo which contains:
>
> [extras]
> name=Fedora EXTRAS $releasever - $basearch - Base
> baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasev
>er/$basearch/ enabled=0
> gpgcheck=1
>
> as it is enabled=0 (like all other repos in /etc/yum.repos.d/ except
> development) you will have to yum --enablerepo install package, otherwise
> yum won't read the other repos.
>
> This has nothing to do with the depencies of libwnck and gnome-pilot etc.
>
> HTH
> Roger

Hi Roger,
I've been attempting to get a package (abiword) from the extras without
success.Here are the messages I got when I tried it two ways and a copy of
the /etc/yum.repos.d/extras.repo.

[root at localhost tom]# yum --enablerepo install abiword
Error getting repository data for install, repository not found

[root at localhost tom]# yum --enablerepo=extras install abiword
Setting up Install Process
Setting up Repos
development               100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/3.90/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:45:49 GMT
Server: Apache
Last-Modified: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:15:02 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: extras
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from extras: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

contents of /etc/yum.repos.d/extras.repo
[extras]
name=Fedora EXTRAS $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1

Should I copy a mirror spec from one of the other repos as they supposedly all
have the same info or is the problem with how I'm calling yum?  I've read
"man yum" but haven't seen any glaring mistake in what I did above.

Thanks, Tom

--
Tom Taylor
registered linux #263467