We will soon be at FC4 and system-config-packages will still fall short

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Mar 24 07:09:33 UTC 2005

> pup can only update packages while system-config-packages can also
> install/uninstall so pup looks like an replacement for up2date but not
> for system-config-packages

let's face it. system-config-packages can hardly install/remove anything
either.

it's my considered opinion that we should think about s-c-p as a dead
line and work out what we need to work out to let it die.

if we need a pup, pin and pun to get rid of s-c-p, then so be it, but
for interface purposes of simple tools I think it might be worth our
while to listen to the folks at red hat who are focused on interface
design.

-sv