Successful FC4 install from virtual DVD.iso on VMWare 5

Richard Gardner noeffort at comcast.net
Sat Mar 26 07:24:21 UTC 2005

WinXP Host
P4 2.4GHz / 1.024GB RAM / 80 GB HDD
VMWare 5.12888

Chose Legacy install so I can import it later to my ESX 2.5 server.
Ergo, I chose SCSI 0:0 6GB, pre-allocated, all one file.

Graphical install, chose all defaults except no SeLinux, no firewall
Set my host name, otherwise, all default.

Here was the only way I could get past not walking back and seeing a frozen
screen, with non-responsive mouse.

Choose MINIMAL install.

Reboot, THEN go install what you want...  Just in case, during install, I
moved the mouse in slow motions the entire time... no idea if that actually
helped, or just kept me "involved" =)

GL. Richard.