kernel-2.6.11-1.1202 hangs

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Mar 26 12:40:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

Please don't top post - it's damned annoying and makes following a
thread even more problematic. Leave top posting to those who know no
better...

> > Here, booting into run-level 3 seems to work. But booting with rhgb or
> > running startx makes it lock up hard (with blank black screen) as soon
> > as it tries to switch video modes. Same with 1191.

> i had the same problem which went away after removing the nvidiafb
> module. if you also have a nvidia card then it may also work for you.

Makes no difference at this end. If I remove the rhgb and quiet options
from the boot commandline, I still get a lock up. I don't have the
nvidiafb module loaded, but do have a GF4.

1191 and 1201 both lock.

TTFN

Paul
--
"It is often said that something cannot be libel if it is the truth.
This has had to be amended to 'something cannot be libel if it is the