time is running

Drew Bertola drew at drewb.com
Tue Mar 29 17:21:11 UTC 2005

Frank Sander wrote:
> Drew Bertola wrote:
>> No, that's correct.  Boy, did you sleep in this morning! ;)
>
> No didn't sleep in, was more to short :-D
> But do I understand you that you have the same prob? (not sleeping! the
> time prob ;-) )

No, I had neither problem.  I would like to sleep for 10 days!

> Good to know I was suspecting my Hardware because never had it running
> before.

I think it's software.  You can test by reading the hardware clock and
the software clock.  Use 'hwclock' to read the hardware clock, and, of
course, date to read the software clock.

Also, You can sync the two for a starting point by doing:

hwclock --systohc

or

hwclock --hctosys

Then wait a minute (or 5 or 15) and check both again.  If the hwclock
output is consistant with date, then you have a problem in hardware.  If
the hwclock is correct, but the software (system) clock is far ahead,
then it's a problem in software.

--
Drew