Firefox search plugin for RH's Bugzilla available

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Wed Mar 30 06:17:32 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 17:32 -0600, Patrick Barnes wrote:
> This might be considered off-topic, but for all those who are
> interested, I have produced a search plugin for Firefox that allows
> quick searching of Red Hat's Bugzilla through Google.  It could be
> quite
> handy for searching existing bugs.
>
> Get it from http://fedora.n-man.com/

I can't seem to access your site, so I went around to writing my own
(for Core, Extras and Legacy):

	http://www.arenatechniques.com/firefox/

It needs to be placed in /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.2/searchplugins

Don't forget to get the rhbz.png that I liberally stole from the favicon
at rhbz. Usage is simple, just enter some search terms and it finds
bugzilla entries back for you

This doesn't use Google, it uses the RHBZ interface directly. What would
next be nifty to do (when I have more time, or if anyone volunteers) is
to use quicksearch.js at RHBZ and then allow even bug numbers to be
entered in...

And then, today on IRC I find out that there's already:
	http://askingforthirds.org/rh_bugzilla/

So maybe thats what we should be using :)
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi