boot.iso does not work in G5

Ramble Leon eramble at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 08:33:04 UTC 2005

Hi,

I got problems while trying to install FC4-test1 in my
G5.
the boot.iso is copied from images/mac64/boot.iso.
I burned it to CD and booted the G5 from it, but got
erros like cannot find \\yaboo.conf.
I mounted the boot.iso and found there is no
yaboot.conf in the image(but there is yaboot.conf in
images/mac/boot.iso).
So I copied files out from the mounted iso, also
copied the yaboot.conf from mac/boot.iso and make a
new disc image by:
 mkisofs -U -chrp-boot -r -o boot.iso ./boot.
but the new disc does not work at all. :-( (I wasted 5
CDRs).
Who can help me? Is the boot.iso bootable in
images/mac64/boot.iso? If it is not, where or how can
I get a bootable image? Thanks

Liang