gam_server CPU eater is back

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue May 3 12:19:40 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 01:30:24PM +0200, Sylvain Rouillard wrote:
> Am I the only one to see this?
>
> I've had the problem with gam_server eating 100% of my CPU with FC3, and it
> looks like the problem is back now in FC4T2. I cannot tell since when though.
> But very often (several times per minute I'd say), I see my CPU usage going
> up to 100%, due to gam_server, staying up there for a few seconds and going
> back to normal.

  sounds potentially normal. One of the program asked to watch a
resource which is constantly changing. After a while gam_server detects the
flood of event and switch back to polling. Don't ask for kernel monitoring
of resources which change constantly, the kernel will just by default send
you a continuous stream of change notification events. If it's a different
scenario, then nothing in your mail allowed to guess what it might be.

Daniel