Results of Installing FC4T3

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Thu May 12 22:20:45 UTC 2005

Hello,

     I have finished installing FC4T3 on an IBM ThinkPad T-30 with the
four CD's created from Bittorrent.  The installation went well with no
hitches.  However, as I began to install extra software (MPlayer,
LimeWire, etc.), I saw that I could not do any audio streaming through
the MPlayer-plug-in in Firefox nor could I download any music through
LimeWire.  For that reason, I am not sure that LimeWire can work through
FC4T3, for it is working in FC3 that I have set up on another laptop
(which is this one which has FC3 installed).  With the updates,
everything seems to be okay.  I  guess that with the final release of
FC4, everything should be working okay

      One other thing - I initially tried to install FC4T3 on this
laptop, which is a Dell Inspiron 4000 and could not boot from the
disks.  The only thing that I saw was a funny-looking red
checkerboard-colored screen.  I already went to Bugzilla and it seem
that several other people reported the same problem, especially with
Dell Laptops.  Hopefully this issue will be resolved.

Jeff