HUH?

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Mon May 16 01:50:56 UTC 2005

Ronny Strenger wrote:

>To be honest... I've had more trouble with Fedora than any other distro
>I've tried! And I have tried 2 dozen others.
>
>I do not see as to HOW Fedora stays at the ranking it does on Distrowatches list!

Fedora keeps its rankings because it deserves them, and runs reliably on
most systems.  I can verify that Fedora does work on the hardware you
specified.  I have seen it run with all of those hardware elements.  You
should try booting from another bootable CD to see if that is your
problem.  You should also try booting from a different CD drive.  You
should also try seeing if the CDs you are creating will boot another
system.  Also, don't take this the wrong way, but you need to make
absolutely sure that you are booting from the correct disc,
FC4-test3-i386-disc1.iso.  Rather than start bad-mouthing Fedora, you
should try to track down the cause of your problem, otherwise you will
almost certainly be sticking your foot in your mouth.  It is highly
unlikely, though admittedly possible, that Fedora is responsible for
your troubles.

-Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com