No more Bluecurve?

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon May 16 20:05:08 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 20:57 +0100, Andrew Hudson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I finally got round to getting FC4T3 installed onto a machine to play
> around with it and noticed that Bluecurve is not the default theme, but
> that Clearlooks seems to have taken its place (as default, anyway).
> Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but does this mean that
> Clearlooks is now the default FC4 theme?

We are tracking upstream more closely with Fedora.  The default theme
will now be Clearlooks.  We chose to inherit from the Bluecurve icon
theme since it seems to fit better than the current gnome icons that
Clearlooks inherits from.  The idea is that as Clearlooks gets its own
icon set they will supplant the Bluecurve ones.

> Also, I noticed a taskbar button pulsating whilst it was waiting for
> input - is this a Gnome 2.10 feature or a FC4 tweak?

Last minute hack to deal with windows that pop-under to avoid stealing
focus (i.e. gaim conversation windows). This should be pushed for 2.12.