FC4-test2 latest: Sound stops (alsa/xmms/crossfade/arts)

Wilbur Harvey wnh200405 at xphuang.com
Mon May 16 20:34:42 UTC 2005

I am using simple XMMS with the MP3 plugin, on an NFORCE4 system with
kernel 2.6.11-1.1305.
Starting with the last kernel, or the one before, XMMS dies after about
1-10 minutes of listening. The program is totally dead and cannot be
exited. Killing only the two xmms processes allows me to restart it.
Turning off Mmap mode in the ALSA driver configuration as some had
suggested doesn't seem to have any effect.
Wilbur Harvey