Firefox-1.0.4 and Java

Asa Canaway asacan at earthlink.net
Tue May 17 00:15:15 UTC 2005

Okay, this seems odd, and I may be doing something wrong.  I downloaded
Java jre-1.0.5_02, and installed it, then linked (ln -s) to the
javaplugin_oji.so (/usr/java/jre-1.5.0_02/plugin/i386/ns7-gcc29) in
Firefox plugins (/usr/lib/firefox-1.0.4/plugins), and then Firefox won't
start.  I remove the link, and Firefox starts!  I've done this many
times before.  Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug with Firefox
(it works on my FC3 box), FC4T3 or even Java?

Sorry about my previous posts (if you've seen them).  Hopefully this
formats better on the test list.