FC4T3 Report, Dell Latitude D800

Sean Bruno sean.bruno at dsl-only.net
Tue May 17 08:21:57 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 07:17 -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 17:40 -0700, Sean Bruno wrote:
> > Flawless install.
> >
> > Am I the only one that has to disable SELINUX to get the closed source
> > NVIDIA driver to install correctly?
>
> That's a feature, not a bug ;)  No, seriously, please file a bugzilla
> against selinux-policy-targeted with the relevant avc messages from
> your /var/log/audit/audit.log file.  Thanks.
>
> --
> Stephen Smalley
> National Security Agency

I think I would disagree with the need to file a bug against the Nvidia
drivers and SELinux.  I don't want to sound to negative here as the
Nvidia closed source drivers are really great(luv the Doom3), but let's
not encourage the behavior of Nvidia in this regard.

I would say that it is enough that the Livna folks know how to work
around the issue with their RPM and that we post this information
somewhere that it can be "Googled" easily.

I would like other folks opinions in this matter.

Sean