Kernel panic after update

ejlmd at optonline.net ejlmd at optonline.net
Wed May 18 23:04:18 UTC 2005

I've been running fedora rawhide for about a year.
For the past 2 weeks or so, when the kernel updates and then installs automatically through 'yum update', the new kernel consistently fails to boot (kernel panic).
My root partition is hda1.  After the yum update, when I review grub.conf, I find, for example,
'kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11-1.1315_FC4 ro root=/dev/hda1
/dev/hdb2'
rather than '....root=/dev/hda1'.  Even if I delete the extra '/dev/hdb2', I still get kernel panic on reboot.
The last kernel to successfully install and boot for me was 2.6.11-1.1240_FC4.
Thank you.