GCC 4.xx FC4 rc3 x86_64

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Thu May 19 11:33:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, 19 May 2005 12:41:50 +0200
Arjan van de Ven <arjanv at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 12:38 +0200, Maurizio Paolini wrote:
> > On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 04:21:16AM -0400, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> >
> > One of those applications is "kde"!
>
> odd.. we compile KDE all the time with gcc4

Hello, Everyone
Since I frequent the kde-devel and kde-user lists, in addition to
compiling, on a very regular basis, KDE from CVS (now SVN) HEAD on
Fedora Core 3, I do know a LITTLE about this issue.
Below is a link to the CVS commit where KDE's blacklisting of GCC4
seems to have started:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-cvs&m=111451142117674&w=2

In a nutshell, the reasoning is this:
> CVS commit by mueller:
>
> blacklist gcc 4.0.0. Its the first compiler we have to blacklist
> because it miscompiles KDE.

Have a Great Day,
Steven P. Ulrick