Sonoma Centrino M70 (Dell Latitude D810, C610)

Jon Escombe trial at dresco.co.uk
Thu May 19 23:26:34 UTC 2005

Raymond Lillard <rlillard <at> sonic.net> writes:

> Does your T43 use a PATA or SATA hard drive?
>
> If PATA, can you disable the SATA interface in the BIOS?

It's a PATA drive, but unfortunately there's no option (that I've found) to
disable the SATA interface in the BIOS.

> > SATA drive (a proposed patch for this was recently posted on fa.linux.kernel)
>
> I looked for it on Google and found discission of patches
> but none which seemed to address my specific issue.  You
> didn't happen to save the message or the patch did you?

Apologies if I got your hopes up, the patch was for the SATA suspend/resume
issue, rather than the DVD drive DMA. It can be found in the following thread --
groups.google.co.uk/group/fa.linux.kernel/browse_frm/thread/2c87315d6ce17273

Regards,
Jon.