OO1.9...100 & 104

Darwin H. Webb thethirddoorontheleft at verizon.net
Mon May 23 08:53:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 07:22 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > The pages range under print does not work.
> > Prints first page and quits.
> >
> > If someone can verify this then I'll look on the bug report and report
> > or add a comment.
> >
> > eggcups (cups) ghost-script to shared printer on Windows XP SP2 HP MP5
> > ps level 2.
> >
> > Normal print works, print preview "multiple pages up" works.
> >
> > example ranges used.
> >
> > pages  2-3
> > pages  3-4
> > pages  1-3
>
> Can't say I've seen that printing directly to a printer connected to the
> PC - both work happily at this end.
>
> Do you get this problem if you're using other apps (say Gnumeric or
> KOffice) and try to print a number of pages rather than everything?
>
> Before you feed it into bugzilla, run the app through gdb (or ddd) and
> copy the throwback from it - but make sure you have the OOo debug
> symbols rpm installed!
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

Well, it's NOT oo 104 . Gedit did about the opposite as line ranges set,
it printed all pages. So that meant something was up.
I recycled the printer (as that was about my only option) and both
programs started working correctly.
Don't know the cause but the printer has been on for weeks, maybe it
took a hit from the furnace. :)

Darwin