[OT] Re: Firefox - why is it better?

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Tue May 24 16:43:13 UTC 2005

akonstam

I used to feel the same but I'm now using Firefox & Thunderbird instead
of Mozilla. The turning point for me was the improved interface for
incremental searching of pages and source (type '/'), and the improved
ability of TB to enable images in email on a message-by-message basis.

The only problem I have found in configuration is that Mozilla provides
a GUI to select the 2nd scroll-wheel action (which goes backwards and
forwards through history by default), and Firefox doesn't seem to. This
causes erratic skipping through history if you fumble on a Synaptics
touchpad which simulates the second scroll wheel.

The workaround is to use the power-user about:config URL to locate the
setting in mozilla, and replicate it in Firefox:

mousewheel.horizscroll.withnokey.action: 0

-Cam

--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--