Evolution Crashes

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu May 26 00:04:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 17:13 -0400, John Dennis wrote:
> > It's not happening to me but I'm using imap - are either of you using
> > imap?
> > Is anyone using imap experiencing this?
>
> I use several imap accounts and I'm experiencing the problem.

OK - since it is not happening to me, I'm just trying to maybe help pin
down _where_ there error is occurring. In fc3 evolution did crash too
often for me, causing me to switch to balsa - I really like balsa but I
also like evolution (now that it is working for me) so making sure it
continues to work for me is of interest ...

I don't do any filtering on my clients, all filtering is done via
fetchmail/procmail on the imap server (dovecot on fedora rawhide). I
doubt that's the difference though.

However - I do use evolution a little differently - I don't read
messages in their own window, I just use the preview pane and read them
in the preview pane - and reply by selecting the message in the folder
(in main evolution window) and right click to reply.

I'll try the other way (reading messages in their own window) and see if
I experience the crashes as well that way.