Evolution Crashes

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu May 26 02:15:02 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 17:09 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 09:59 +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
>

> > Which IMAP are people using. There's IMAP and IMAPrev1.
> >
> > I'm using the later and evolution is running fine for me (I get a crash
> > maybe once every two weeks).
>
> I'm using rawhide dovecot for my imap server - I believe it is just IMAP
> in the setup box that I choose when setting up imap.

Actually, I mean, what IMAP method are people using in Evolution.

Evolution provides two ways to connect to IMAP servers:

	IMAP is the original implementation used in evolution
	IMAPrev1 is (supposedly) a new improved version

Check in Edit > Preferences > Mail Accounts > [your account] > Receiving
Email > Server Type and look at whether you're using IMAP or IMAPrev1.

R.
 It's much better on my side"