Evolution Crashes

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Thu May 26 23:37:47 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 10:33 -0700, Tom Duffy wrote:

> > > Check in Edit > Preferences > Mail Accounts > [your account] > Receiving
> > > Email > Server Type and look at whether you're using IMAP or IMAPrev1.
> >
> > Shoot.  I just switched to the newer version and lost all my color
> > coding, not to mention real threading, it seems.
>
> In the end, this was a very *bad* idea.  Using the "new" IMAPrev1,
> evolution would start to filter my email and then hang with a message
> "Pinging IMAP server" and never recover.  I would pkill -9 evolution,
> then retry only with the same consequences.  Back to using just plain
> IMAP.

Eweh!  Sorry (although Fedora does eat babies, etc) for any
inconvenience.  Could I however ask that you file a bug report about
this to bugzilla.gnome.org (or redhat's BZ) so that this can be
addressed.

I actually use IMAPrev1 and it works wonders (from where I email).  It's
faster and more solid than the original implementation and everything I
use works for me (including threading).  So I'm a little surprised that
you've had such a nasty experience (especially since this is released
code).

 It's much better on my side"